About > Employment
The following employment opportunities are available at SE3's Chicago Metro office.
SE3’s Lisle, Illinois office is searching for a resourceful and innovative Construction Inspector/Assistant Engineer to join our Construction group.
Duties & Responsibilities
Ensure performed field work is in compliance with project contract documents, all applicable codes, standards, and specifications for a variety of public agencies including the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), the Illinois Tollway, CDOT, etc. Duties include:
- Oversight of contractor field activities
- Documentation of the activities performed for the construction of highway and bridge projects
- Observe and document nonconformance situations and change management.
- Coordinate material testing, review contractor submittals, requests for information, and coordinate with the contractor
- Perform contract documentation duties, which may include field measurements of pay items as well as daily inspection reports
- Coordinate activities with onsite inspectors and inform Resident Engineer of construction progress and problem areas
- Provide technical supervision and assistance to Resident Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering or a related discipline.
- Professional Engineer license or the ability to obtain a license is preferred
- At least 5 years of construction inspection or resident engineering experience working with Illinois Infrastructure agencies (IDOT, Illinois Tollway)
- Certification in IDOT Documentation of Contract Quantities (S-14 Doc Certificate)
- ICORS/CMMS Certification preferred, but not required
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of MS Word, Excel
- Effective communicator with the ability to proactively address potential project/contractor issues
- Valid IL drivers license