About > Employment
The following employment opportunities are available at SE3's Chicago Metro, Kansas City Metro, and Dallas Metro office.
SE3’s Lisle, Illinois office is searching for a resourceful and innovative Mid-Level Civil Engineer who enjoys working in a collaborative environment as a Project Engineer and/or Project Manager on transportation projects. This individual will be responsible for the coordination and preparation of plans and specifications, agency coordination, business development, and public involvement. The ideal candidate should have strong skills associated with roadway and highway design which should include areas such as geometrics, 3D modeling, grading, paving, drainage, barrier warrant analysis, signalization, signage, and maintenance of traffic.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with a multi-discipline team of engineers and technicians in the design of wide-ranging transportation projects.
- Prepare design submittals including plans, specifications, calculations, quantities, and cost estimates, to ensure construction will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Participate in client meetings to review progress and discuss overall project elements.
- Review and assist with proposal preparation to identify scope, schedule, and budget parameters.
- Work with the accounting department to keep billings and receipts current and accurate.
- Be involved in civic and professional activities and organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 8 or more years experience in Roadway / Transportation design
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration in the state of Illinois or have the ability to obtain within one year of start date.
- Proficient with Microstation and Geopak OpenRoads
- Additional consideration given to candidates with experience in drainage, barrier warrants and traffic signal projects.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience with the Illinois Department of Transportation and the Illinois Tollway
Our Kansas City, Missouri office has an immediate opening for a full-time Professional Land Surveyor. Candidate will be expected to take a lead role, managing all aspects of a broad variety of land surveys including boundary surveys, route surveys, ALTA Land Title Surveys, mapping, and other land surveying services for utility companies, government agencies, commercial clients and private landowners. Tasks will include managing CAD technicians, managing and directing survey crews and all field survey work activities, boundary survey computations, research, client communication and project management. Candidate must be licensed in Illinois, proficient in Autocad 3D or Microstation, and have effective communication and leadership skills.
2 years of Surveyor experience Required
We are currently looking for a CAD Technician for our new Kansas City, MO office. The right candidate will provide design and drafting support on a variety of surveying projects related to residential/commercial easement infrastructure surveying drawings. They will also have a robust understanding of the latest Autodesk software and/or MicroStation software.
Essential responsibilities and requirements include the following
(other duties may be assigned):
- Works under the direction of PLS or Survey Project Manger
- Performs calculations and Prepares CAD Drawings and other documents for a variety of projects, including boundary, right-of-way, topographic and title surveys, plats, easements etc.
- Reads and understands various technical documents including deeds, plats and title reports, construction plans etc.
- Prepares instructions for field staking and coordinates with field crew as needed.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills to work in a fast-paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Certification in CAD software
- General Autodesk Civil 3D experience required with at least 1-2 years of experience in residential land development design; GIS experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of CAD standards, Civil 3D label styles, sheet set manager and drawing setup
- Willingness to learn and expand responsibilities